Retreat & Re-energise in West Wales, UK
Date: Thurs 27th – Sun 30th September 2018
The retreat runs over 4 days and 3 nights to accommodate for travel to west Wales. The added bonus is that this means 2 full ‘non-travel’ days, meaning you’ll be gently forced to fully let go and embrace retreat life.
Digital detox encouraged, but not mandatory.
The Yoga & Studio:
The weekend will run with morning and evening yoga classes plus a workshop on Saturday afternoon. Over 9 hours of yoga time, pose modifications and options to suit all bodies, abilities and experience, and all equipment provided.
Kate teaches vinyasa flow yoga, with a ‘real people’ approach and a playful style. Her classes focus on the breath and the physical body so that a state of mental calm is inevitable. Kate’s yoga tends to be strong and energetic, so she complements the predominant vinyasa flow style with restorative and long-hold postures for an all-body and mind escape.
The Farmhouse where guests will stay is next door to the Loft, where the Yoga Studio is located. Light and spacious with double doors opening out to a small garden and field on one side and a small stream and fields on the other it is the ideal space to release and reenergize. The Yoga Studio is fully equipped with mats, bricks, straps and bolsters.
• We kick off on Thursday evening with a dynamic flow yoga practise designed to clean the physical and mental slate, to bring you quickly into retreat mode in preparation for the weekend ahead.
• Friday will include an energising and fun yoga practice in the morning and a yang-and-yin style practise in the evening.
• Saturday starts with an energising and fun ‘power-hour’, in anticipation of an afternoon yoga workshop designed to work on tightness and tension (physically and mentally) plus a guided, extended relaxation.
• Sunday yoga will be a dynamic, energising practise, before departure after brunch.
Included in the retreat is home-cooked, fresh, tasty food with a focus on locally sourced Pembrokeshire ingredients where possible. The price is inclusive of breakfast, lunch, dinner on all days, beginning with a group dinner on Thursday evening following the first practice of the retreat and ending with a brunch on Sunday following the last morning practice.
Includes snacks, tea/coffee/herbal tea. People are welcome to bring alcohol should they wish but will be on a BYOB basis.
Vegetarian and gluten-free. Please let us know if you have further dietary requirements or allergies we should know about before the retreat so we can cater for your needs.
The Farmhouse and nearby Glandwr:
Pencwm farmhouse is the ideal place to relax and unwind. The farmhouse is comfortable and welcoming, with a country style but modern twist. Communal areas are large, bright and welcoming, with plenty of seating areas including a large kitchen table, living room with comfy sofas and arm chairs, plus a conservatory at the back of the house with large sofa. Additionally, if the weather is good there are tables and chairs outside for relaxing and/or al fresco dining, plus a large garden and nearby woodland area which guests are welcome to explore.
Pencwm is a venue where guests can escape city life and really slow down. The farmhouse is located in a quiet picturesque rural area surrounded by fields and woodland areas, perfect for reflective time or long, reenergising walks and exploration of the surrounding countryside and coastline.
For further information on the property including reviews from previous guests please have a peek using the following links:
Rooms & Retreat Costs:
– 2 x large bright double rooms, located upstairs with double bed
– 1 x small single room at the front of the property upstairs
– 1 x twin room with 2 comfortable single beds, located downstairs
– 1 x large bunk room with single bunk (top) and double bunk (bottom)
– 1 x small bunk room with two single bunks upstairs
- Limited spaces. First come, first served.
- Places are secured upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit of £125 per person.
- Non-refundable in case of cancellation (unless in extenuating circumstances).
Costs are inclusive of: Accommodation, all yoga classes and use of the studio facilities. Delicious homemade vegetarian food, breakfast, lunch and dinner starting Thursday dinner, with a brunch to close on Sunday.
Address: SA34 0JP. Pencwm is situated on a hilltop, a mile outside the village of Glandwr. The nearest pubs are three miles away in Llanglydwen and Blaenwaun.
Nearest Airports: Cardiff (1hr 20 mins); Swansea (1 hr).
Nearest Train Station: Whitland (20 mins).
The farmhouse is very rural so we recommend you come by car (Enterprise Car Hire and National Car Hire have reasonable rates). Car sharing or collections can be arranged between retreaters nearer the time, or, pre-booked local taxis also available – the Farmhouse hosts can help you arrange this.
Arrival is from 4pm on Thursday.
Departure is from 12pm on Sunday.