2019 Retreat & Workshop Schedule
2019 RETREAT DATES
Weekend Wellness in West Wales
24th – 27th January 2019
19th – 22nd September 2019
Myself and the Pencwm Farmhouse team are thrilled to announce 2 new retreat dates for next year.
Building on the success of our debut retreat, we can’t wait to welcome 2 new groups next year. Repeating the format of 4 days, this makes it a true ‘long weekend’ and allows for 2 full non-travel days. Providing ample food, yoga, free-time and green-space to ensure you enjoy a totally freeing and nourishing wellness weekend!
The Yoga & Studio:
The weekend will run with morning and evening yoga classes plus a workshop on Saturday afternoon. Over 9 hours of yoga time, pose modifications and options to suit all bodies, abilities and experience, and all equipment provided. Mums-to-be are welcome, as long as they have a previous yoga practise and are between 16 and 34 weeks pregnant at the time of the retreat.
Kate teaches vinyasa flow yoga, with a ‘real people’ approach and a playful style. Her classes focus on the breath and the physical body so that a state of mental calm is inevitable. Kate’s yoga tends to be strong and energetic, so she complements the predominant vinyasa flow style with restorative and long-hold postures for an all-body and mind escape.
The Farmhouse where guests will stay is next door to the Loft, where the Yoga Studio is located. Light, spacious with underfloor heating, the studio has 2 sets of double doors, opening out to a small garden and field on one side, and a small stream and donkey-fields on the other. This is the ideal space to recharge! The Yoga Studio is equipped with mats, bricks, straps and bolsters.
Included in the retreat is home-cooked, fresh, some home-grown (from the resident vegetable patch), tasty food with a focus on locally sourced Pembrokeshire ingredients where possible. The price is inclusive of a hearty post-yoga brunch, and plentiful dinner on all days, plus afternoon snacks and access to fruit, treats and hot drinks 24/7. Begins with a group dinner on Thursday evening following the first practice of the retreat and ending with a brunch on Sunday following the last morning practice. Price includes an evening fire-lit and cosy meal in the Woodland Cabin in the on-site Woodland Gardens (torches can be provided!)
People are welcome to bring alcohol should they wish, on a BYOB basis.
Vegetarian (and vegan where desired). Please let us know if you have dietary requirements or allergies so we can cater for your needs.
The Farmhouse and nearby Glandwr:
Pencwm farmhouse is the ideal place to relax and unwind. The farmhouse is comfortable and welcoming, with a country style but modern twist. Communal areas are large, bright and welcoming, with plenty of seating areas including a large kitchen table, living room with comfy sofas and arm chairs (and open fire for the winter months), plus a conservatory at the back of the house with large sofa. Additionally, if the weather is good there are tables and chairs outside for relaxing and/or al fresco dining, plus a large garden and nearby woodland area which guests are welcome to explore.
Pencwm is a venue where guests can escape city life and really slow down. The farmhouse is located in a quiet picturesque rural area surrounded by fields and woodland areas, perfect for reflective time or long, reenergising walks and exploration of the surrounding countryside and coastline.
There will be optional guided walks and coastal trips for those that wish to explore. Option for a movie-night if your group wishes to part-take – a finite choice of old-school movies!
We can also highly recommend (from personal experience), faciliate, and provide space for massage therapies with a local, experienced massage therapists.
For further information on the property including reviews from previous guests please have a peek using the following links:
Rooms & Costs:
– 2 x large bright double rooms, located upstairs with double bed. £340 pp for 2 sharers, £460 single occupancy.
– 1 x small single room at the front of the property upstairs. £415 pp.
– 1 x twin room with 2 comfortable single beds, located downstairs. £395 pp.
– 1 x bunk room with single bunk (top) and double bunk (bottom). Single £355 pp, Double £375 pp (assumes 1 person in double, can be revised for those wishing for a cosier share)
– 1 x small bunk room with two single bunks upstairs. £355 pp.
Costs are inclusive of 3 nights accommodation, all yoga classes and use of the studio facilities, all homemade, generously-portioned vegetarian food of brunch, dinner, snacks and hot drinks. These costs have increased marginally from the previous retreat. This is a genuine increase to cover necessary costs having learned from our debut Pencwm retreat
A £20pp saving applies if you book January’s retreat by 30th November 2018 and/or September’s retreat by 28th February 2019 | A £50pp saving applies if both weekends are booked together before 30th November 2018.
- First come, first served. Maximum 12 spaces in the Farmhouse, 9 if single-occupancy is booked on double rooms.
- £125 of your payment is a non-refundable holding deposit, payable to secure your place on your retreat.
- Cancellations made up until 3 weeks before the event will be fully refundable minus the deposit. Unfortunately any cancellations made 21 days prior to the retreat is fully non-refundable.
- Alternative accommodation options can be shared should you wish to stay elsewhere but want to partake in yoga. Please enquire about local recommendations to email@example.com or, see Air BnB and search for Glandwr, Pembrokeshire.
Address: SA34 0JP. Pencwm is situated on a hilltop, a mile outside the village of Glandwr. The nearest pubs are three miles away in Llanglydwen and Blaenwaun.
Nearest Airports: Cardiff (1hr 20 mins); Swansea (1 hr).
Nearest Train Station: Whitland (20 mins).
The farmhouse is very rural so we recommend you come by car (Enterprise Car Hire and National Car Hire have reasonable rates). Car sharing or collections can be arranged between retreaters nearer the time, or, pre-booked local taxis also available – the Farmhouse hosts can help you arrange this.
Arrival is from 3pm on Thursday.
Departure is from 12pm on Sunday.
Fancy seeing what last time was all about?
Have a peek at my excitable Instagram photos!
Lovely yoga, delicious plentiful food, lots of fun in the sunny Welsh countryside, and, featuring a beautiful dinner in a rural log cabin 🙂
February 2019 // ROCKET WORKSHOP
“Funky, Fun & Freeing: Bottle Rocket with Sprinkles”
Bottle Rocket is not just the entry sequence to the Rocket System and often the first sequence you’ll encounter when new to the practice, but it is the spring board for all of the juicy extras that the rest of the Rocket system has to offer! A class based on the Bottle Rocket means we are free to fly where we wish and where we are individually able. This extended session will use the Bottle Rocket sequence as a base, adding lots of lovely, juicy sprinkles for an invigorating, refreshing and fun experience! Incorporating transitions, modifications and inversions which class is accessible to all flexibilities and strengths, because as the founder Larry said, Rocket is there to get you there faster. Let’s start here 🙂
This workshop is a unique, fun and playful Rocket Yoga class.
Expect to leave feeling revived, free and completely satisfied.
Available to Yogis who have taken 10+ Vinyasa Flow Classes. Not suitable for pregnancy.
- When? Saturday 9th February 2019 @ 2 – 4pm
- How Long? 2 hrs
- Where? Amy’s Ashram, 283 Abbeydale Road, SHEFFIELD, S17 3LB
- Cost? £25 pp.
- What to bring? Some water, a towel (it might get sweaty) and a smile! All mats and equipment provided.
- Booking? Bookable via Amy’s Ashram. First come, first served.
Funky poses are not mandatory! Modifications to suit all abilities – the satisfaction from this class is universal 🙂
- Retreat & Reenergise in West Wales September 2018
- Power Into Passive October 2017
- Bottle Rocket with Sprinkles: Fun, Flow & Freedom September 2017
- Flow Into Freedom June 2017
- Fiery, Fun & Festive ~ Christmas Workshop December 2016
- Hip Opening: Heat, Holds & Happiness November 2016
- Flow & Slow September 2016
- What The Chatturanga August 2016
- Accessible Backbends, Part 2 July 2016
- Accessible Backbends, Part 1 May 2016
- A little Yang, a little Yin-style April 2016
- A Festive Flow: Recharge, Re-energise & Relax December 2015
Client feedback includes “My hips have stayed open since the workshop“, “I felt absolutely refreshed, renewed and strong after the last session“, “I totally neede that”, “Please run another!”
Thank you x